We are pleased to announce the 10th edition of the Madrid Macromolecular Crystallography School 2020, to be held at the Institute Química-Física Rocasolano- CSIC (Madrid, Spain).
Dates: April 13 – 18, 2020
The workshop has been designed for postgraduate, postdoctoral and research scientists that deal with macromolecular crystallography and cryo EM but need further knowledge on the routine uses, the state of the art and fundamentals that underlie the modern techniques for macromolecular crystallography and cryo EM. The topics will cover crystallographic computing and fundamentals using XDS, CCP4 and Phenix, as well as the state of the art on topics such as the strategies for protein production, biophysical methods, data collection, phasing, automated pipelines at synchrotron and refinement with ARCIMBOLDO, SHELX and SIR2014 and modeling with COOT.
MCS2020 will provide six days of lectures and workshops. The course is designed for 25 highly motivated attendants.
Requests to participate must be sent by a free-formated E-mail, before March 11th, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com, indicating the motivation to participate and experience on macromolecular crystallography and including a letter of recommendation from PhD Director (only for PhD students).
Invited speakers and tutors:
– Maria Solá, Barcelona, Spain
– Isabel Usón, Barcelona, Spain
– Paul Adams, Berkeley, USA
– Pavel Afonine, Berkeley, USA
– Kay Diederichs, Konstanz, Germany
– Paul Emsley, Cambridge, UK
– Rafael Fernández-Leiro, Madrid, Spain
– Carmelo Giacovazzo, Bari, Italy
– Eugene Krissinel, Oxford, UK
– Jose. A. Marquez, Grenoble, France
– Claudia Millan, Barcelona, Spain
– Begoña Monterroso, Madrid, Spain
– Rob Nicholls, Cambridge, UK
– Santosh Panjikar, Australia
– Carmen San Martín, Madrid, Spain
Please find attached the program of the Workshop, the application form and further information at http://www.xtal.iqfr.csic.es/MCS2020/
Isabel Usón (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Armando Albert (email@example.com ) and
Juan A. Hermoso (firstname.lastname@example.org)